Our Culture and Values
Our culture fosters open lines of communication, encourages good working relationships and cultivates a positive work environment where everyone can grow and succeed.
The IPL Values are the cultural glue that holds our organization together. They define what we believe in and how we go about our work. They are also the basis on which we stake our reputation as a Group.
Zero Harm for Everyone, Everywhere
Treat the Business as Our Own
Value People, Respect, Recognize and Reward
Care for the Community & Our Environment
Deliver on Our Promises
Think Customer, Everyone, Every Day
Challenge and Improve the Status Quo
Employee Awards Program for Living the Values
IPL Values Awards celebrate the achievements of an individual employee, or group of employees, who have been exemplary in ‘living the values’. These people help to deliver on our promises and deserve to be recognized for their efforts.
Our company value, Zero Harm for Everyone Everywhere, reflects our commitment to the highest standards of safety, ensuring the well-being of our people, both at work and at home.
Zero Harm means zero recordable occupational illness, injuries, fatalities, preventable transportation incidents, environmental releases and process events. All employees and contractors, vendors and business partners are held to this Value.
We live this Value by:
- Promoting safe behaviors
- Training, and following safety systems and procedures
- Identifying and controlling hazards
- Looking after ourselves and each other
Global Success Achieving Zero Harm
As shown in our Sustainability Report, many of our sites have enjoyed significant success achieving our goal of Zero Harm.
- 3,000 days - Gregory Crinum coal mine in Queensland, Australia
- 4 million hours - ammonium nitrate site in Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
- 2,000 days - initiating systems plant in Graham, Kentucky, USA
- 1 million hours - ammonium nitrate site in Cheyenne, Wyoming, USA
- 9 Years - ammonium nitrate site in Battle Mountain, Nevada, USA
- 1st year of operation - Coquimbo, Chile
- Six years - Gold Safety Award - Morris Illinois, USA was
- 2 Years in a row - Certificate of Excellence from the Institute of Explosive Makers for safety in DNA
- Driver Alertness Program - Our Dyno Nobel Transportation division in North America
Our diversity is part of our Core Values: we value our people and respect, recognize and reward them. We are committed to supporting and building an inclusive and accessible organization that embraces the diversity of all employees, no matter where they live and work.
Our employees range in age and gender and come from many different cultures, traditions and lifestyles. It is the diversity of our people that make our company a great place to work.
We affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, special disabled veteran status, Vietnam era veteran status, other covered veteran or disability status or any other legally protected classification.
As part of our Diversity approach, we have developed three guiding principles that are easy to understand and live by as we go about our work and support each other every day:
- Respecting our differences
- Shaping our future organization
- Building a flexible organization
We want Dyno Nobel to continue to be a company where our values guide our behaviors in the workplace and each and every one of us is respected for our contributions.